Thursday, July 23, 2009

gOtTa HaNd iT 2 yA!

I'm privileged to teach in my church some pretty awesome ladies!
I am the Teaching for our times teacher, which means I get to teach from the church magazine,
"THE ENSIGN"
It is a calling I truly love!
As much as LOVED teaching the youth....(miss my girls!)
I have found that teaching my peers is much more challenging..... AS WELL as rewarding!


I have it in my head that in order to have a successful lesson.... I MUST give a handout & I almost feel guilty if I don't! I know....Dum huh!?

SO I have a huge file of them I have used over the years. Shilo & I have compiled some into book form, BUT have never had the stuff to finish them!! UGH!!!

I really want my church sisters to take the beautiful talks I teach from into their heart...

AND I truly believe that if I have a nicely set table with pictures & such, that pertain to the lesson.....AND have a hand out they can put on the fridge or mirror or where ever.... they WILL remember the lesson/talk better.

This one is my current one, for this lesson by Elder Richard G Scott.
The lesson is titled "Temple Work"




Sorry it is a little blurry!
It says:
Temple work...
You just might be the "LIFESAVER" for someone else! And the scripture in D&C 127:7
I just copied it on different colored card stock to help save my color in my printer, then stapled it on some gummy lifesavers...(which I had to wrench out of my grand babies hands!!!!)

I will try to remember to add to this post listing as much as I can BECAUSE I really.... really REALLY do want to see your ideas on how you made a lesson more interesting.

My handout are all original... I DO NOT copy anyone else!!!
BUT feel free to use mine found on my blog to add to your lessons!


With all the protests & stupid stuff happening around our scared Temples
( I just wish others would not feel the NEED to pollute our most scared places...
ALL in the name of freedom!!! HAVE A little respect!!!)

I am remained of a talk I read and am ALSO remained to have faith...this to shall pass!


....... the talk by James E Faust in the May 2005 conference:


"....we unavoidably stand in so many unholy places and are subject to so much that is vulgar, profane & destructive to the Spirit of the Lord that I encourage saints all over the world, whenever possible to strive to stand more often in holy places. Our most holy of places are our scared temples....We must strive to being "an example of the believers, in word, in conversation,, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity"(1st Tim 4:12)

MAN.....SORRY sooooo preachy!!!!!! My work here is done!!!

That was deep...I will chill out on my next blog....Tomorrow's blog?

MORE Porch power......Sun, shade & lemonade!

1 comment:

marilyn said...

Rosie, I love your lessons and I can tell that you truly love to teach because of the careful preparation you make. They ARE memorable! I'm glad that you love it because I think we're going to keep you there. Love you LOTS! Your RS Pres.