Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ThRiFt StOrE Treasure hunt


HOWDY HI!

I woke up this morning with something nagging at me even in my sleep..
....I could not figure it out for the life of me on what it might be.
So I hurried into work, because I just felt like I was forgetting something AND I must remember it! UGH!! don't you just hate that!!!?

I hurried though all the main things that I needed to do...water plants....sort though dates on flowers...toss out old, fluff the new bouquets(P.S. I'm a floral manager in a Food store)...recheck incoming orders...put out fresh arrived blooms...ect. I still had this thing just telling me .....WHAT?!!! ALL morning long...NOTHING came to me...I was still feeling like I forgot something REALLY important!....So then later in the morning as I was headed out to my car to go run an errand for work...I was going to the thrift store to find fun & unusual vases & containers to arrange in. I thought "gosh I'm glad I remembered to take my groceries out of my trunk".... THEN BAM!......I remembered.....


I'll tell you at the end what it was I forgot....but first you have to read about my COOL thrift store finds......WICKED mean I know! Sorry, but I have to brag!


The 1st one:(sorry about side view of some...I can't figure out how to rotate the pic!)

This is a pretty glass dome I got for $4.00. The pretty ball top has come of, but my honey mentioned why not put one of those small glass draw nobs on instead! GENIUS! now I just gotta buy one!
The side pic is of the pretty Hydrangea silk plant in a pretty metal planter, it stands about 20" high. It looks so cute on the floor next to my couch. I paid $3.00 for the arrangement.







These awesome books, ran me .75 cents for the soft cover of "A season of Joy". It has some really cute paper craft ideas, that I am actually excited to do......It's NOT SCRAPE BOOKING.!..everyone knows scrape booking & I don't care for one another...it's a mutual disrespect we have long had for one another! The Martha Stewart Homemade Christmas put me back a buck! It was published in 1998 (look how young she looks)

She still has some styling ideas! I love the embossed candles she showed how to make.


















These cute things are for my Scooter pie...

(AKA Teisha #3 in fam)

She is mad about Sunflowers, The really neat one is a framed dried/pressed sunflower shadow box picture, it is 12'x8 1/2. SOOO CUTE. It will look so cute in her kitchen. The other sunflower item is a serving bowl in bright cobalt blue & the ubber bright yellow sunflower. I think she will love that as well. Each piece was .75 cents each.(sorry again about the side view!)




The next picture is of the neatest frame. It is a black 13 1/2' x 11 1/2' metal frame I just love ! It has built in vintage charm you just can't fake! It has perfect scratches AND nick, that only some serious loving can add. I am not sure what I will put into it, but I really think it craves somethin halloweeny. Any ideas? I really want it to be something amazingly cool, this frame deserves it!

Oh yeah I paid a buck for this frame...maybe I just love the price and not the frame?....NAAA I LOVE this frame so much I would have paid $5.00 for it!!

This is just a larger view of stuff I got, but notice the cute Orange & white polka dot platter and the orange and black ribbon? I am sure my follow "sisters of the traveling paints" and I could use this in some up coming project..I'll share....heck for the .50 cents I paid for each of those rolls, I wont even charge ya-all nothin` ! I know I'm a saint!These silk plants are always something I am looking for. I got the silk and plastic paperwhites(all the rage in silk arrangements! according to floral review mag.)
in a cute embossed tin planter...
ran me $1.00! Killer deal. It looks perfect!
















The silk Hydrangea & rose bouquet is STUNNING!
this picture can not do it justice! They are in the antique, warm colors that I love. It has no pot and that is why I got it for just a mere.75 cents!


The pictures are my find of the day!(notice the wider veiw of these picture on the top of the page) I simply love LOVE these and they are exactly what I wanted to finish up my Shabby chic living room!
OH THIS day was AWESOME!
The 2 pictures are 22"x 18" on a canvas. They have been crackled & the pretty little floral prints are modge podge on the canvas. The colors are muted and soft. SO lovely huh? I paid $5.00 a piece for them. A super great deal!
So I guess that is it..... I hope you got the same warm & tingly feeling as I did when I.....
WHAT? Huh?
OH YEAH ...WHAT I forgot?!!
AS soon as I thought "trunk" I remembered...
MY MILK that I put in my trunk along with the cereal and bread I bought ...SATURDAY!!!
Can I just tell you about the FuNKy SMELL that came out of my trunk when I opened it ?
Can you say PEEEE YEEEW!
So the moral of this story?
WHEN you leave your milk in the trunk of your car in 99 degree weather OVER the WEEK-end ...DON'T be surprised when your family wont believe you when you say you needed BUTTERMILK and accidentally bought MILK!

2 comments:

Levi said...

good finds!!! can't wait to see you what you with the flower cavas paintings!!!

lyndsy

The Johnsons said...

Sorry, tried to link it for you, but it was already closed, I waited to long. SORRY!