Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh the WeAthEr outside is FriGhTful...dosent a cup Of hot cocoa sound DelightFulL!?

So I will post these 2 recipes to help WARM the cockles of your HEART!.....and maybe your hands too!

These 2 recipes have gotten me through a couple of FREEZING cold winters!!!



My good friend Sherri, gave me the recipe for HOT cocoa, that IS SOOOOO Divine!

It is creamy & tasty, which some of you might find unbelievable....

that you can have a cup of cocoa with those 2 things at once!



BUT there's proof in the PUDDING!

literally....there is instant PUDDING in this recipe!!!



Creamy, DREAMY, HOT COCOA MIX



*4 C powdered sugar

*4 C cocoa powder drink mix (Quik or store brand is what I use)

*1 Lrg package INSTANT pudding

*1 1/2 C dry NON-DAIRY cream powder

*1/2 tsp salt

*8 C Instant nonfat milk powder

*3 cups Mini Marshmallows
(rosie tip: Let the marshmallow sit out on you counter a couple of days to dry out a bit, this prevents them from sticking!)

In a large, bowl combine powdered milk, powdered sugar. Cocoa drink mix, dry Pudding package & Non dairy creamer & salt. Mix really well to get out any clumps. Next stir in marshmallows.
Store in a 6 cup container with a tight fitting lid. Label with date & contents. Store in a cool, dry place. Use with in 6 months.
Recipe: add 3-4 Tlbs to 1 cup hot water.


Here is another tasty drink mix:
It is MY recipe of the take on the hot Russian tea, you might order in a fru-fru tea room!

Rosie"lious" spiced orange "Wassail" mix

*1(27oz) Orange drink mix(I used Tang or store brand)
*6 oz yellow lemon-aid drink powder(I used Kool-aid container)
*6 C granulated sugar
*6 tsp ground Cinnamon
*3 tsp. ground Cloves
*4 1/2 tsp ground Allspice
*1 1/2 tsp Ground Mace
*1 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg

Combine all the ingredients in a air tight container, seal lid. Shake until well blended. Check for clumps, sift with finger if needed. Store in a cool dry spot, up to 6 months.
Recipe: You can add 1 heaping Tlbs to Hot apple cider, or 3 heaping Tlbs to Hot water.


So there you go!
I have made these for gifts for my friends & co-workers, I just measured out 1 serving into a small zip style bag (Find at craft stores) & but on a super cute label & gave several packages with a couple of cute mugs.

OR check out this site: @Primdoodles, she offers free down load labels AND she has the CUTEST bag topper labels! I have used her labels for quite a few of my craft products, she is awesome!

SO I hope you will take advantage of these 2 awesome recipes for some YUMMY drink mixes!
I gotta start getting the stuff for mine!

No comments: